Defending Dixie's Land: What Every American Should Know About The South And The Civil War

Forum notes
Please feel welcome to apply for membership to comment or participate in our diverse multi topic discussion forums.
Swordsmyth

Defending Dixie's Land: What Every American Should Know About The South And The Civil War

Post by Swordsmyth »

By Isaac C. Bishop

https://www.amazon.com/Defending-Dixies ... 901&sr=8-1

Are you interested in knowing the actual history of your country, or are you content with the propagandized version the winners of wars conjure up to feed schoolchildren? When it comes to the story and tradition of the U.S. South, and especially the events surrounding the Civil War (1861–1865), you may need to brace yourself. What you think you know about it is likely untrue – and not just by a little.

Isaac C Bishop is a lifelong New-Englander who happened to become interested in southern culture. But when he began to earnestly study its history and folklore, he was shocked by what he learned. Thus began an intense multi-year quest to unearth a true story which resulted in Defending Dixie's Land. Should you choose to set aside your preconceived biases and “take the red pill” with the author, you will discover:

• How the United States government was originally meant to function, and by what means that system was usurped in the mid-1800’s
• The real reasons the cotton states initially seceded
• The entirely different factors which prompted the upper South to then also secede
• An accurate picture of what life was like for minorities in both the North and South, and, as inherently wrong as the institution of slavery has always been on planet earth, why southern slaves generally viewed their situation as preferable
• Character traits and motives of Abraham Lincoln which shatter the humanitarian hero image painted in our minds
• Eye-opening facts about African-American support for the Confederacy, the history and current status of slavery worldwide, insights into the true enemy of free peoples everywhere, and more.

Defending Dixie's Land is an all-encompassing defense of the Southern cause; readers will no longer view American history the same.

Contents
Introduction
Chapter 1- Look Away!!! Politically Incorrect Information About Life as a Southern Slave
Chapter 2- I’ll Take my Stand-Causes of Southern Secession: The Cotton States
Chapter 3- I’ll Take My Stand Causes of Southern Secession-The Upper South
Chapter 4- Old Times There are not Forgotten- The Union Before Lincoln
Chapter 5- To Live And Die In Dixie - Black Support For The Confederacy
Chapter 6- I Wish I Was in the Land of Cotton- Southern Agrarians vs. Northern Industrialization
Chapter 7- Treatment of Minorities North vs. South
Chapter 8- Will, the Real Abraham Lincoln Please, Stand up?
Chapter 9- Politically Incorrect Information About Slavery
Chapter 10- The Old Times are Gone with the Wind
Conclusion

"History is the propaganda of the victorious," observed Voltaire, and the history of America's so-called "Civil War" is no exception…It is under that prevailing narrative that Isaac. C. Bishop, a native of New England and the author of Defending Dixie's Land, came to find his interest in the South. Steeped in that narrative, he accepted it without question…With further research, the Truth began to reveal itself to the author, culminating in this fine book. The Truth cannot be killed. It may be buried alive, but it will not die. Like an archaeologist, Bishop has discovered the tomb of the Truth, and with this book he has rolled the stone away.
- H. V. Traywick, Jr. Author of Empire of the Owls: Reflections on the North’s War Against Southern Secession

The Southern Confederacy and its war for independence has always had defenders among informed students of history. These defenders have appeared in every generation. Some of them are from north of the Potomac or even across the Atlantic. The case for the South is here made again. For the future health of America It must be repeated until it sinks in.
-Clyde Wilson Emeritus Distinguished Professor of History, University of South Carolina
K is coming