Browsers

Prince Valiant

Re: Browsers

Post by Prince Valiant »

Atruepatriot wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:00 pm
Also I note that Librewolf doesn't like to open up a new window by double clicking on an .html file if you've already got a window open. To do that you need to open a new window with the browser (in the file menu), then go to file, open file, and then select the .html you want to open in that window. I'm not sure if this is some kind of security feature.
:FISH I follow the quest. This is the way. :war_sig :Mint
Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:18 pm
Also I note that Librewolf doesn't like to open up a new window by double clicking on an .html file if you've already got a window open. To do that you need to open a new window with the browser (in the file menu), then go to file, open file, and then select the .html you want to open in that window. I'm not sure if this is some kind of security feature.
Sorry to confuse you with my question. But what I mean is most browsers have an option to "Make xxxxx your default browser."

That way when you launch a web app it automatically opens the default browser. Mine is currently FF and I want my default to be LibreWolf. Because programs like ZeroNet automatically go open your default browser. I have to do a bunch of extra crap, or remove Fire Fox and all other browsers so that LW is the only one available. I would rather just "Make LibreWolf your default browser" but I can't find it... lol

Looking for it in Mint settings too and can't find it.
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Prince Valiant

Post by Prince Valiant »

Atruepatriot wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:31 pm
Sorry to confuse you with my question. But what I mean is most browsers have an option to "Make xxxxx your default browser."

That way when you launch a web app it automatically opens the default browser. Mine is currently FF and I want my default to be LibreWolf. Because programs like ZeroNet automatically go open your default browser. I have to do a bunch of extra crap, or remove Fire Fox and all other browsers so that LW is the only one available. I would rather just "Make LibreWolf your default browser" but I can't find it... lol

Now I understand. I'll let you know if I find something.
:)
Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:34 pm
Atruepatriot wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:31 pm

Now I understand. I'll let you know if I find something.
OK so I found this... But when I opened ZeroNet it machine gunned me with opening LW,LW, after LW and would not stop.... lol
Screenshot from 2023-04-17 19-32-30.png
I am going to play with it more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Prince Valiant

Post by Prince Valiant »

Got it!

menu button/system settings/preferred applications (under preferences)/web/open the drop down menu

I learned something new myself! Lol!

Prince Valiant

Post by Prince Valiant »

Atruepatriot wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:41 pm
I got it. You see my other post?

Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:42 pm
Got it!

menu button/system settings/preferred applications (under preferences)/web/open the drop down menu

I learned something new myself! Lol!

THERE IT IS! How cool is that? I remember opening that about 3 years or more ago but forgot about it! lol
Screenshot from 2023-04-17 19-47-59.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Prince Valiant

Post by Prince Valiant »

Atruepatriot wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:49 pm
THERE IT IS! How cool is that? I remember opening that about 3 years or more ago but forgot about it! lol

Lookin' good! I'm out for the night my friend. Have a good night!

Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:46 pm

THANK YOU!!! :LMAO
Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:52 pm
Atruepatriot wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:49 pm

Lookin' good! I'm out for the night my friend. Have a good night!

Night! :)
Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:46 pm

Ok, so I am liking the results I am getting from SearX in there. And have you hit "videos" yet? They default to "Yew.tube" and are simple with no flair or flash. Economical on resources. But there are better videos there than in Rumble... History videos and such that Rumble is shy of.
Prince Valiant

Post by Prince Valiant »

Atruepatriot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:04 pm
Ok, so I am liking the results I am getting from SearX in there. And have you hit "videos" yet? They default to "Yew.tube" and are simple with no flair or flash. Economical on resources. But there are better videos there than in Rumble... History videos and such that Rumble is shy of.
I hadn't tried SearX yet.
I searched "penny stove", selected the videos tab and got mostly Vimeo and Daily Motion videos. I don't think I got any youtube videos. Maybe it's because I'm using LibreWolf? Youtube definitely has penny stove videos...

Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:13 pm
Atruepatriot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:04 pm
I hadn't tried SearX yet.
I searched "penny stove", selected the videos tab and got mostly Vimeo and Daily Motion videos. I don't think I got any youtube videos. Maybe it's because I'm using LibreWolf? Youtube definitely has penny stove videos...

I am using LibreWolf and using the search engine option of Searx they have in the Librewolf settings. So I think it is actually Searx serving up the optional Yew.Tube videos I am getting. And I think Yew.tube clones Youtube listings? But I just got that one from off LW with the Searx. I am really liking the listings I am getting. They stay "on track" with my search and do not list a whole bunch of other unrelated BS like Youtube does.
Prince Valiant

Post by Prince Valiant »

Atruepatriot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:30 pm
I am using LibreWolf and using the search engine option of Searx they have in the Librewolf settings. So I think it is actually Searx serving up the optional Yew.Tube videos I am getting. And I think Yew.tube clones Youtube listings? But I just got that one from off LW with the Searx. I am really liking the listings I am getting. They stay "on track" with my search and do not list a whole bunch of other unrelated BS like Youtube does.
I turned on the one in my LibreWolf, which is searxng-searx.be This one doesn't wok for me.When I try to use it it says

"Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to searx.be. The OCSP server experienced an internal error.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_SERVER_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

Also, LibreWolf is set up to add Searx as a search engine from the Searx site, but trying to add the pluggin fails as well.

Later I'll try restarting my browser and see if that helps.
Prince Valiant

Post by Prince Valiant »

OK. I restarted my browser and that didn't make searxng-searx.be work, but it did allow me to add searx as a search option from their site at https://searx.thegpm.org/ and that one is working for me.

I'm getting some youtube videos, no yewtube ones, and still mostly vimeo and daily motion ones.
Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:38 pm
I turned on the one in my LibreWolf, which is searxng-searx.be This one doesn't wok for me.When I try to use it it says

"Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to searx.be. The OCSP server experienced an internal error.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_SERVER_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

Also, LibreWolf is set up to add Searx as a search engine from the Searx site, but trying to add the pluggin fails as well.

Later I'll try restarting my browser and see if that helps.
Ok, Wow... That is the one it served up for me and it worked great right away.
Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:50 pm

OK. I restarted my browser and that didn't make searxng-searx.be work, but it did allow me to add searx as a search option from their site at https://searx.thegpm.org/ and that one is working for me.

I'm getting some youtube videos, no yewtube ones, and still mostly vimeo and daily motion ones.
Ok, I had it wrong it is yewtu.be So it must be part of the" .be" searx system? Here is a search for Drag Racing in videos. Oh I see it is in Belgium.
Screenshot from 2023-04-19 15-55-17.png
Prince Valiant

Post by Prince Valiant »

Atruepatriot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:58 pm
Ok, I had it wrong it is yewtu.be So it must be part of the" .be" searx system? Here is a search for Drag Racing in videos. Oh I see it is in Belgium.

That's odd. Now that searxng-searx.be is working for me. I guess it was just a glitch? I've got both now anyway.
I'll test it out in the future.

Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

Prince Valiant wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:07 pm
Atruepatriot wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:58 pm

That's odd. Now that searxng-searx.be is working for me. I guess it was just a glitch? I've got both now anyway.
I'll test it out in the future.

Lol, :thumbsup
merkelspam

Post by merkelspam »

Atruepatriot wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:22 am Ok... That is NOT at all how TA looks on my Dillo... I have pages and pages of blank empty background with a sentence here and there in between. I have to scroll 20 ft to get to the bottom of the page.
Hm. I'm running dillo with custom .css (to force dark pages). Tweaks to force compact display has been on my list for a few years now :(

I'm running dillo 3.0.5.

There's also been some discussion about adding uMatrix-like checkboxes for blocking embedded links to external sites. I can hack a 'worksforme' feature, but I don't know enough about web and dillo to ensure that my changes would be 'works for everyone'.

Still if there's interest I could share a patch (that is, just *my* changes), and you could experimentally apply them to dillo from the official upstream repository.

I'd never submit compiled programs to a dissident forum.
delme.png
... :SF