Web Browser Cookie Forensics

Developer

Web Browser Cookie Forensics

Post by Developer »

Cool tool to check your browser cookies.

https://www.grc.com/cookies/forensics.htm?w3qbhkkat3orp
Screenshot from 2020-10-08 05-22-11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
timosman

Re: Web Browser Cookie Forensics

Post by timosman »

You didn't show us the results of your third-party tests ;)
I'm no rat! In a town this bent, who's there to rat to anyway?
Developer

Post by Developer »

timosman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:35 am You didn't show us the results of your third-party tests ;)
Couldn't get it all in one screenshot... And it changes depending on what you just visited the prior 4 website visits. You have to experiment and test visit the sites to find out which sites are giving you good or bad cookies. I don't think it gives you the source like No Script does.

You know what I miss? Firefox "lightbeam". They used to have a visual graph that showed all the domain connections as third party connections and/or a list. And all connections could individually be toggled on or off as you like using this tool. Firefox stopped supporting it for obvious reasons, they were probably bought off because it was too "tell tale" and exposed far too many hidden connections.

But I just noticed that a 3rd party might be now supporting this tool. I am going to try it again and see if it works like it used to, it was absolutely FANTASTIC... Let you know what I find out... :)
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
merkelspam

Post by merkelspam »

Developer wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:17 am
timosman wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:35 am You didn't show us the results of your third-party tests ;)
Couldn't get it all in one screenshot... And it changes depending on what you just visited the prior 4 website visits. You have to experiment and test visit the sites to find out which sites are giving you good or bad cookies. I don't think it gives you the source like No Script does.

You know what I miss? Firefox "lightbeam". They used to have a visual graph that showed all the domain connections as third party connections and/or a list. And all connections could individually be toggled on or off as you like using this tool. Firefox stopped supporting it for obvious reasons, they were probably bought off because it was too "tell tale" and exposed far too many hidden connections.

But I just noticed that a 3rd party might be now supporting this tool. I am going to try it again and see if it works like it used to, it was absolutely FANTASTIC... Let you know what I find out... :)
cool links, cool posts. ty
... :SF
Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

merkelspam wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:58 pm
Developer wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:17 am

cool links, cool posts. ty
Here is another cool tool. :)

Blacklight real time privacy inspector.

https://themarkup.org/series/blacklight