Friend reccommends canvas fingerint defender.

merkelspam

Friend reccommends canvas fingerint defender.

Post by merkelspam »

... :SF
Atruepatriot

Re: Friend reccommends canvas fingerint defender.

Post by Atruepatriot »

I have been using Librewolf browser. I like it. Based on Firefox and can use FF addons but hardened at it's base. And it has built in canvas defense.
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
merkelspam

Post by merkelspam »

Atruepatriot wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:44 am I have been using Librewolf browser. I like it. Based on Firefox and can use FF addons but hardened at it's base. And it has built in canvas defense.
Thanks, i spent some time in their matrix chat since you recc'd this. The struggle is rael for them too. Lots of probs everywhere.

You can no-more fix the web than you can un-rot an apple.
Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I've been enjoying Lynx lately. Doesn't work for everything, and it stands out like driving a Sherp through downtown, but it's definitely a nice way to flip the bird to the Matrix. Also, I have figured out how to change the user-agent in wget, so you can scrape pages from many websites. Note that there are ways for CloudFlare to detect this (that's one reason why they do those "stop-and-frisk" brower-checks) but if you're just pulling down a bunch of data-files and want to blend in, you can usually get away with it. VPN of course, so you don't get yourself IP-blocked.

You can get the user-agent string that your FF uses by going somewhere in about:config, just search online to find it.

wget --header="Accept: text/html" --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/116.0" <YOUR_URL_HERE>
Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28
Atruepatriot

Post by Atruepatriot »

merkelspam wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:07 pm
Atruepatriot wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:44 am I have been using Librewolf browser. I like it. Based on Firefox and can use FF addons but hardened at it's base. And it has built in canvas defense.
Thanks, i spent some time in their matrix chat since you recc'd this. The struggle is rael for them too. Lots of probs everywhere.

Thank you for spendimg the time to go investigate it more. :)

I'm starting to have some problems with it now. I think they may be trying to fix stuff that ain't broken. Tinkerers got to tinker, It is compulsive I guess.
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
merkelspam

Post by merkelspam »

Atruepatriot wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:04 am
merkelspam wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:07 pm

Thank you for spendimg the time to go investigate it more. :)

I'm starting to have some problems with it now. I think they may be trying to fix stuff that ain't broken. Tinkerers got to tinker, It is compulsive I guess.
I don't understand the technicals enough, but from the discussions the Librewolf guys were very frustrated by changes in upstream Firefox that they have no control over.

It's not them deciding to be twits.